Thursday, May 8, 2008

Inspirational Thursday

This is a high stress couple weeks job wise and blogging will be very light on my end until grading, tests, and wrapping up of a school year take place.

Fortunately, my friend Sony sent a link to a site that can keep you off task and laughing for hours. This is on topic with the old comic books ... bad ones.


... but, through traveling back in time with this site and the "Gallery of Regrettable Food" section, I've discovered why in my youth I was a scrawny kid and thought grown up food was outright gross. Because, back then, it WAS. I have cookbooks of my Mom's from this era ... and remember things like cottage cheese/Jello/carrots, raisins, celery type salads served up by the perky women wearing the frilly aprons.


(This plate full of molded stuff is from a "Cooking With Dr. Pepper" cookbook.)

No comments: