Tuesday, August 12, 2008

For Better or For Worse and August 31

Just read on The Daily Cartoonist that Lynn Johnston is going back on the quitting drawing the original strips. (I believe she started that process last year, redrawing or reintroducing some of her old strips and then adding newer ones later.)

I kind of figured that with Liz marrying "the freckled one" (I'm at the reluctant acceptance stage on that, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy with it) ... it would probably be the end of the strip. I'm worried about Grandpa Jim though and hope that the strip ends with him still around. For a cartoonist to create a world where you care about the characters or even strongly dislike some of them ... that is an achievement. I've loved Lynn's cartooning style and most of the storylines and the ending of the strip in it's real time seems rather bittersweet.

No comments: